The Diocese of Llandaff is the most populous of all six Dioceses in Wales. It covers an area taking in the west of Cardiff in the east to Neath in the west, and the Heads of the Valleys road in the north. The Diocese is divided into three Archdeaconries, which are further subdivided into Deaneries. Each Deanery comprises a number of separate parishes.
900 Years of Llandaff Cathedral
The present building dates from the Norman period, around 1120 and was extended in the early thirteenth century, with further additions and modifications in the later Middle Ages. A German landmine outside the south aisle in 1941 caused extensive damage and was rebuilt under the architect George Pace. A series of events are planned for the anniversary.